If there is one kitchen hardware that can make your daily kitchen tasks easier it’s the pull-down kitchen faucets. It has a sleek faucet with a pull-down spray head to make washing the dishes, filling pots and others much easier. With several features and configurations designed to make your life better, like hands-free technology and multi-spray patterns, this is one kitchen furniture you should not miss out.
To help you find the best pull-down kitchen faucet we have written this buying guide. This post includes the benefits and tips on utilizing the pull-down kitchen faucet.
Benefits of Pull-down Kitchen Faucet
Pull-down kitchen faucet is becoming more popular these days, and it is not surprising. It helps to prepare the meals and makes cleaning up much easier and faster. The hardware is very handy if you regularly need to fill pots that sit on the cooking surface or on the countertop.
If you need to fill a pail on the floor, pull-down kitchen faucet is a great choice without the need for the additional equipment. Here are some benefits of the pull-down kitchen faucet:
- It has a tall spout and several spray choices, so it is ideal for filling huge pans and pitchers.
- This kitchen faucet is very attractive that can make your kitchen sink look elegant and classy.
- It is available in different designs and styles so you can surely pick the one that will suit your taste.
- The pull-down kitchen faucet has the best spray heads available with various functions that are not present in any spray heads of pull-out faucets.
- It is perfect if you prefer a motionless kitchen faucet.
- Ideal for smaller, deeper sink.
- It comes with either a single-handled or a two-handled water control
- This sort of faucet does not have a sprayer.
- Provide ergonomic benefits so it is much easier to handle due to its downward motion that is needed to remove the spray head.
- Recommended for people with hand and wrist mobility issues. You need only one hand to adjust the water flow and temperature.
Tips on How to Choose Kitchen Faucet
For those who have plans to buy a new kitchen faucet or is planning to upgrade, there are some factors that you should consider before you buy one. This buying guide will provide tips on how to choose a pull-down kitchen faucet. You might be reading a lot of pull-down faucet reviews online that confused you even more. Hope this guide can make it easier for you to choose.
Generally, the finishes for pull-down kitchen faucet available in the market are bronze, chrome, nickel or stainless steel. So, if you want a unified look in your kitchen, pick the faucet which compliments your cabinet.
- Chrome is the most durable finish and it is very easy to clean, that is why it is preferred by many commercial kitchens. For busy kitchen faucet, this is the recommended finish for longer toughness.
- Nickel finishes, on the other hand, are categorized as brushed, stainless steel or satin and have a dull shine. This type of finish is durable but prone to water spots and fingerprints, thus it requires strenuous cleaning. Others have a coating that minimizes stains and smudges. However, the coating is not as durable since the metal might chip or wear.
- Bronze faucets are brown in color and are often referred to a rubbed or oiled bronze. However, the surface is a coating instead of metal. Although the coating is tough, it can be scratched or chipped easily than metal.
Faucet finishing is vital since it provides the overall look in your kitchen. A bad looking faucet can affect the entire interior of your kitchen and make your time in your kitchen unpleasant.
Handles and Sprayer
Normally, standard kitchen faucets have either single handle with rotation to adjust the temperature or two handles for mixing the cold water and the hole. Single handle is much easier to use and maintain. You can see it is attached to the sides or on the main unit.
Choose the one with the lever handle so you can operate using your elbow and not with your cooking hand. It is much easier for all types of individuals with physical disability. Some levers are equipped with touch sensor which warns you when touching with the messy hand.
The sprayer is a popular added feature that is built-in dispensers in a modern faucet. Having a pull-down multifunctional spray head is much better. Consider a sprayer that is durable but cost less and requires low maintenance.
Water Filtration System
In a pull-down kitchen faucet, there is a built-in water filtration system. Thus, it is possible to get safe, healthy and clean water in your kitchen. You need to consider this feature seriously if you want a healthy and safe water directly from the faucet.
The filtering process eliminates any dirt and germs present in the water. When purchasing a faucet choose the one with the built-in filtering system.
Top 5 Best Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet
The Purelux Tulip is a single handle kitchen faucet with contemporary and streamlines design. It is available in two color - chrome or brushed nickel. The product has an arch pull-down sprayer with three setting systems. You can either choose the spray jet, stream or pause. If you set it at spray setting, it will remain on that setting even if you turn it off until you reset it into another function.
This provides you a powerful rinse, you can set it on stream for tough cleaning and pause it by simply pushing the button. There is no need to hold the pause button if you want to use it. The Purelux Tulip is self-retracting thus you do not have to worry if you put it back together after using it.
The handle can be installed on either side and it comes with a deck plate. Its high arch spout rotates 360 degrees. This kitchen faucet has a ceramic cartridge filter and it can last up to 500,000 cycles. The Purelux Tulip can help you conserve water. Even if you turn the water on, you will not use more water than you needed. The product offers a 5-year warranty.
- 5 - Year Warranty
- Certified for Up to 10 Years
- Easy to Install
- Handle Mountable on Either Side
- Kit Includes Everything You Need to Install
- Low Gallons Per Minute
- Modern Style
- Three Spray Settings
- Instructions Confusing for Some People
- Possible Leaks, But Covered by Warranty
The Delta 9178-AR-DST is available in different colors. It has many amazing features which makes it as one of the popular choices in pull-down kitchen faucet. The design was inspired by a teapot, with stainless steel exterior that is pleasing to the eye. It is well-developed with traditional touch but with sophistication perfect for a vintage-styled kitchen.
With its Touch20 Technology feature, there is no need for you to turn vigorously the handle. A light touch anywhere on the handle or spout can turn it on or off. You will surely love this feature if you go to the sink with your hands full.
You can also choose between spray or stream by just toggling the switch. This can help you save water. It also has the MagnaTite Docking System which keeps the spray head in place. So, you do not have to worry about falling spray head when not in use. The magnet will never wear out.
Another feature which makes this pull-down faucet stand out from the rest is the valve which is embedded with diamonds to seal the faucet firmly. The technology assures you that the minimum times you can use the faucet is around 5 million. Also, you can rotate the spout 360 degrees, thus you can use any angle you want.
- Easy to use you can rotate it a complete 360 degrees
- Adjusting the water temperature is easy using only one lever
- Makes use of advanced technology that enables you to adjust the water flow
- Switching from spray to stream water is easy because of it has intelligent touch of spray mechanism
- The magnetic feature holds the head firmly when not in use.
- No leak issues since it is sealed using the Diamond Seal Innovation
- Straightforward installation
- With Lifetime-limited warranty on the finish and the faucet
- The plastic retainer on the extension cord springs free easily.
- Some people are complaining about the installation process
The Delta 9133 AR-DST is very easy to install, there is no need to call an expert. It has a detachable hose and has a magnetic panel to hold the hose firmly when not in use. The nozzle is fitted with an advanced version of a touch-clean spray hole. Once the water passes through the nozzle, the dirt and the minerals are trapped and releases clean and safe water.
Cleaning is easy, all you need to do is to run your finger into the nozzle and it is good as new. It also rotates 360 degrees so you will not have any difficulty in using it. Just like the Delta 9178 AR-DST it also has a very long hose that stretches out up to 60 inches, to reach even the farthest part of the kitchen sink.
The Delta Faucet 9133 has stainless steel finish making it durable and last longer. It has two adjustable water modes, stream, and spray so you can adjust the water flow according to your preference. The best feature of this kitchen faucet is that it turns off automatically after a few minutes if you accidentally left it turned on, thus preventing flooding in your kitchen.
- Perfect for big sinks
- Turn off automatically when left turned on accidentally
- Includes lifetime warranty
- Detachable hose for ease of use
- Easy to clean
- Filter water through its nozzle
- Rotates 360 degrees for ease of use
- Extremely long hose that stretches out up to 60 inches
- Heavier as compared to other faucets
- Others find it hard to install (particularly those without background in fixing their faucet)
Kohler is a popular brand when it comes to the kitchen faucet. Their product is known to have the highest standards of kitchenware. You can choose from the three colors, the matte black, vibrant stainless and the polished chrome. The faucet has three distinct functions - one that helps you control the water flow, one that pauses the faucet, and the spray force.
The MasterClean technology is applied to the faucet’s nozzle that makes cleaning the faucet easy with less effort. The Kohler K-596 has a sleek and simple look that can fit along with any kitchen interior.
This kitchen faucet is very functional. The hose can be easily switched around for better flexibility so you can clean your dishes without any difficulty.
- Very functional
- Sleek and simple design can go along with any kitchen interior
- Easy to clean
- Available in 3 colors (matte black, stainless and polished chrome)
- Easy to control water flow
- No warranty
- The hose is not as long as others
Comllen Commercial Pull-down Kitchen Faucet is a cool type of kitchen faucet. The product is easy to install without any complicated things to work with. It has a single handle for easy control. You can adjust the temperature and the flow of the water using only one handle.
The finish is excellent and is tarnish proof so it will last longer as compared to others. Just like other pull-down kitchen faucet, Comllen also rotates 360 degrees thus it is very convenient to use.
The Comllen Commercial Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet has inspired its structure from the older faucets. It does not have a detachable hose. However, the neck is very long it can actually reach the entire sink. This product is an absolute classic, and it will make your washing and cleaning task simpler.
- Easy to install and use
- Excellent finish and tarnish proof
- Has very long neck to reach the entire sink.
- It does not have detachable hose
- Available only in one finish
After reviewing the 5 best pull-down kitchen faucet, we find Purelux Tulip Single Handle Modern Design Arc as the winner. One reason is that it offers a 5-year warranty coverage. It has three setting modes which make it very convenient to use. The Purelux Tulip has great finish and design which makes it stand out among the rest. The Delta 9178-AR-DST is the second best based on this review. If you find this buying guide helpful to you, feel free to share this with others.